Installing mosh on LMDE 13 As an alternative to Ubuntu Precise Pangolin the speedy Linux Mint Debian Edition 13 is a very worthy distribution. A fantastic installation process is supplemented by a clean desktop that screams attention to detail. Even in a VM environment it's so quick to respond that it's become my primary personal development box. These are some quick notes to help you install the mosh mobile shell . An alternative secure remote shell. It's the perfect companion for those times that you are remotely logged in via an unreliable connection. sudo apt-get install git libncurses5-dev automake zlib1g-dev protobuf-compiler libprotoc-dev libprotobuf-dev libutempter-dev libio-pty-perl Then just follow the instructions for "Compiling from Git" at http://mosh.mit.edu/ . $ git clone https://github.com/keithw/mosh $ cd mosh $ ./autogen.sh $ ./configure $ make # make install ... and that's all it takes to have a working mosh shell.
As many have found before me, orgmode in Emacs is an extremely useful tool. I've come late to the game but after two weeks of daily use I can comfortably say that I'm quite sorry that I didn't make this a part of my development toolkit a long time ago. The main value it brings to my daily routine is ease of use. It's a great note taking, time logging, and general organization tool. Publishing solutions for several targets is built in. Specifically the HTML and Open Office targets are extremely solid. Considering the lack of issues I've encountered thus far I hold high hopes for the return on investment of my time once I go deeper into this tool. Currently experimenting on building a process for publishing a few of my hobby static sites as org mode pages.
You need to go to the source of all things Mozilla to get the latest version of the current browser tool of choice ( for me )! Version 2.0 is out, and I think I'm going to wait about a month or two to make sure that all of my plugins ( specially the Google plugin ) is available and works. Continue checking the mozilla plugins site and when all of the important addons are deemed to be ready I will update all of my systems. But I can't live with out my google plugin! powered by performancing firefox
Comments