OrgMode - First Impressions

 


As many have found before me, orgmode in Emacs is an extremely useful tool.

I've come late to the game but after two weeks of daily use I can comfortably say that I'm quite sorry that I didn't make this a part of my development toolkit a long time ago.

The main value it brings to my daily routine is ease of use. It's a great note taking, time logging, and general organization tool. Publishing solutions for several targets is built in. Specifically the HTML and Open Office targets are extremely solid. Considering the lack of issues I've encountered thus far I hold high hopes for the return on investment of my time once I go deeper into this tool.

Currently experimenting on building a process for publishing a few of my hobby static sites as org mode pages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motion Django Meetup ( SlideShare Presentation ).